I have much to be thankful for this year. I may complain (probably daily) about silly little things, but in the BIG PICTURE I am one lucky girl! So as I get ready to sit down and feast on Mama K’s delightful turkey feast (similar to my own a few days prior, wonder where I get my recipes…), I will think about everything that I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for my health! Lots of crazy things go on with the health of my family members… we are a doctors best dream. Random hearing loss, diverticulitus, broken ankles, Mexican stomach parasites, swollen parotid glands… and that was just a few of THIS YEAR’S health ailments! So I am thankful for my health!
- I am thankful for my family. We have been through a lot recently, and I think that we have a very special family bond, and I don’t know what I’d do without any of them. Even if Tyler doesn’t want to leave Austin until 9 PM the night before Thanksgiving to drive up to McKinney… yeah Ty – I called you out in my blog post! WHAT!
- I am thankful for my job. I go back and forth on my love/hate relationship with my occupation… but when I realize how many people are still without employment, I am very thankful that I even have a job! I enjoy what I do, I love the end process of working on a play for 9 weeks and seeing the heart and soul that my kids pour in to everything… I get a lot out of it. Not many people can say that!
- I am thankful for my animal babies. Bear (my 3-yr old golden retriever), Domino (my 1-yr old great dane), and Duck (my 1-yr old crazy cat-dog)… They are each so unique, they are hilarious, they are loving, and they are the sweetest animal babies I could ask for. I love them like they were my kids, because for now – they are!
- And lastly… but DEFINITELYnot least, I am thankful for Matt. He doesn’t know this (and he’s anti all things socially internet related, so I doubt he’ll read this unless I push my laptop in his face), but he came in to my life at a really weird time. And despite the weird timing, it was also the best timing. He showed me that there was someone good out there who would love me for me. He’s stuck by me through some pretty tough stuff, and I think that the reactions of people when things aren’t going as planned is when you see their true colors. He’s shown me to be supportive, caring, loving, thoughtful, and all around the best man I have ever known. I love you, Matt, and I am so thankful to have you in my life!
So in the spirit of giving thanks… I found this lovely little photo to give you some THANKFUL inspiration:
If at FIRST you don’t succeed, think of what you’re thankful for, like Jenna.